Academic and Professional Guidance Services for Doctoral Programs
Information for new students
The Doctorate Program provides support and guidance mechanisms for students once they are enrolled in order to facilitate and improve their academic performance. It aims to provide a personal response to young researchers in terms of their guidance needs throughout their period of study.
At the beginning of the course, the Doctorate School of the University of Cadiz organizes as a training activity a day of orientation for new students, in these days they are informed of all the administrative processes of the doctorate, in addition, they are informed about the program of Aids for training activities of EDUCA and all the programs of International Mobility.
These sessions have the following general objectives, among others
- To guide and encourage the integration of new students into the University.
- To avoid the feeling of isolation characteristic of doctoral students.
- To promote international mobility.
- To advise the student in making decisions regarding the academic training options offered by the University in order to design the activities of their Ph.D. thesis
- Encourage the student to participate in the institution.
Likewise, students of this degree may also benefit from other services and support programs offered by the UCA to all its students. Among them, the following stand out:
- Support service for labor insertion: through the Business and Employment Practices Unit (CPEP)
- Psychological and Pedagogical Attention Service (SAP): its objective is to attend to the personal and academic needs of the students, advising them on matters that can improve the quality of their stay and learning.
- Disability Attention Service: its objective is to guarantee equal treatment and effective equality of opportunities for any member of the university community who presents some type of disability and to try to ensure that these principles also become a reality in society in general.
- The advisory and support services offered by vice-rectorates, general directorates, etc. The most specific are those of the Doctoral School and the Postgraduate Office, which aim to organize and coordinate the management processes related to doctoral students. Among their functions are the management of grants, the processing of enrolments, certificates, university degrees, etc.
- Equality Unit:its objective is to try to eliminate the difficulties and barriers that prevent equal participation and personal, academic and professional development of all members of the university community and that the principles of inclusion, plurality, diversity, equal opportunities and equity become a reality both within and outside the university.
Information on support and guidance for students once enrolled
The Doctoral Program Coordination is available to help doctoral students solve possible problems that may arise in the follow-up of the doctoral program. It manages an e-mail where all the consultations or requests made by the doctoral students are attended. The Doctoral School and the Postgraduate Coordination Office also provide doctoral students with information and guidance on the various aspects of their Ph.D. thesis.